Junior Paraplanner NR21001
Application Deadline: 05 February 2021
We are seeking an experienced Paraplanner to help deliver a first class research and report writing service to our advisers. You will have a good knowledge of taxation, investments and retirement planning, necessary to put together key research and insightful reports for our advisers.
You will be working in a rewarding and friendly environment, where you will be actively encouraged to develop your skills, and to become more knowledgeable in all aspects of financial planning. Ideally you will be level 4 qualified or close to.
- To have a thorough understanding of the Foster Denovo advice process, Strategy and Suitability letter format, pre-approval process and the regulatory requirements imposed by the FCA and be able to deliver against these in agreed timescales.
- To understand each client’s circumstances, objectives, attitude to risk, capacity for loss, knowledge and experience and timescales to ensure advice is appropriate. If not, then an ability to challenge the adviser concerned to better understand why the recommendation is being proposed.
- Prepare analysis of client’s existing portfolio / holdings.
- Conducting research and produce client facing Strategy Reports to facilitate business writing opportunities.
- Prepare research and quotations for client meetings.
- Prepare valuations and portfolio commentary for client meetings and updates.
- Liaise with colleagues, Compliance, Bankhall and DST to assist the approval and submission of compliant new business.
- Input all client information into the back office system and ensure all tasks are recorded and acted upon within the agreed timescales. Ensure client history is maintained.
- Ideally level 4 qualified or close to.
- Knowledge and experience of pre and post retirement scenarios (including pension transfers), investments and taxation along with more complicated advice such as IHT planning, Defined Benefit pension transfers and structured investments.
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers, permitted investments and specialist funds.
- Knowledge and experience of research tools such as Selectapension, AdvisaCenta, Assureweb, Defaqto, Trustnet, Analytics.
What we offer you:
Foster Denovo has an open, mutually supportive, knowledge-sharing culture. It’s a culture that has created the space to think differently for the benefit of our clients.
- 25 days holiday (increasing by an additional day per annum up to 30 days)
- Matched contributory Group Personal Pension of up to 7.5%;
- Life assurance of up to 4 x your salary;
- Income protection;
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP); plus
- Interest free season tickets loans, eye care and childcare vouchers.
- Shopping discounts benefits portal (discounts on holiday, gym and high street retailers)
Working for Foster Denovo
With over 75 Financial Advisers supported by around 170 employees in eight Foster Denovo offices throughout the UK. We have the scale and resource to provide exceptional advice and service to our clients, advisers and employees.
Delivering an outstanding client experience is our guiding value and underpins our entire approach to business.
Our stakeholder community is an invisible bond that gives Foster Denovo its solid foundations. It also means that our people care about our reputation and brand. And as such, we aim to delight every client we come into contact with.