Project Manager 21055
Application Deadline: 28 February 2022
Working within the corporate client projects team this client facing role will be responsible for managing the onboarding of new clients or introducing new services to existing clients, ensuring a positive client experience throughout. You will be the main point of contact and responsible for the success of each project whilst delivering a number of projects simultaneously from conception to delivery.
This role would suit someone with excellent organisational and planning skills with strong Project Management ability. This role is a fixed-term contract until September 2021.
- Run successful projects to support the Partners in winning new clients and increasing the value to and from existing clients
- Be proactively involved in delivering a consistently high quality of service within our agreed process and service standards.
- Assist in monitoring the quality of outputs particularly relating to any client facing documents or communications.
- Maintain good communication between the key stakeholders of each project to ensure all relevant parties understand their role, the status and progress of work.
- Deal with any issues raised in a prompt, polite and professional manner at all times. Work with providers to improve their levels of service where appropriate
- Follow the handover process so that we can deliver good outcomes for Partner’s and their Clients in the most efficient way.
- Proactively obtain feedback from Partners and Clients assisting the Project Team Manager to ensure that the team continue to develop and delight clients.
- Ability to think laterally, challenge current process, and find ways to improve the service.
- Able to delegate whilst retaining accountability
- Able to consistently deliver projects on time and within budget
- Able to disseminate complex information in a concise and clear manner.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt style to suit client
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Broad understanding of Financial Services, including Employee Benefits and Individual advice.
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple teams, to ensure good client outcomes & efficiencies.
- Problem solving and multi-tasking skills and the ability to work under pressure.
What we offer you:
Foster Denovo has an open, mutually supportive, knowledge-sharing culture. It’s a culture that has created the space to think differently for the benefit of our clients.
- 25 days holiday (increasing by an additional day per annum up to 30 days)
- Matched contributory Group Personal Pension of up to 7.5%;
- Life assurance of up to 4 x your salary;
- Interest free season tickets loans, eye care and childcare vouchers.
- Hybrid working, option to work from home and flexible hours.
About Foster Denovo
With over 75 Financial Advisers supported by around 170 employees in eight Foster Denovo offices throughout the UK. We have the scale and resource to provide exceptional advice and service to our clients, advisers and employees.
Our stakeholder community is an invisible bond that gives Foster Denovo its solid foundations. It also means that our people care about our reputation and brand. And as such, we aim to delight every client we come into contact with.