Financial Planning Week – ‘plan well to live well’
UK Financial Planning Week takes place from 3rd – 10th October and, linking in with this is World Financial Planning Day on Wednesday 3rd October.
Both campaigns aim to promote the benefits of financial planning and encourage people to seek access to financial advice from competent and qualified professionals who put their client’s interests first.
Top 5 benefits of financial planning
We’ve listed what we believe are the top 5 benefits of working with a qualified financial adviser to put a financial plan in place.
1. Having more money – research shows that those who work with a financial planner are an average of £40,000 better off than people who have not taken advice.*
2. Peace of mind and security – employing a financial adviser to help you with financial planning gives you peace of mind that you are doing the best you can to meet your financial objectives.** This allows you to enjoy life, safe in the knowledge that your finances are where they should be and you and your family are financially protected should anything unexpected happen.
3. Ongoing advice and coaching – a financial adviser will review your plan and, if necessary, adapt it to reflect changes in your personal circumstances and those that are beyond your control.
4. A more realistic understanding of your financial situation – by working with a financial adviser to create your financial plan, we believe you will be more likely to feel more in control of your finances and have a greater understanding of financial products.
5. Making sure your money is working as hard for you as possible – a financial adviser will help you plan your savings and investments as tax-efficiently as possible so that you can make the most of the tax allowances available to you.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you with financial planning, our expert financial advisers can discuss your options and work with you to put a personalised plan in place. Contact us today to book a no obligation initial meeting at no cost to you.
*The 2017 Value of Advice research report. Standard Life March 2018 https://blog.standardlife.co.uk/the-real-value-of-financial-advice/
**The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) published last year by NMG Consulting. Standard Life March 2018 https://blog.standardlife.co.uk/the-real-value-of-financial-advice/